GROW - 2008-2011
rubber / caoutchouc - 1000kg - Ø110cm (+ all over : 200 m2 - variable dimensions)
During Geste serpentine et autres prophéties at 49 NORD 6 EST - FRAC LORRAINE - METZ (57)
with : Benoît Billotte, Iñaki Bonillas, Antony Gormley, Monika Grzymala, Werner Herzog, Corey McCorkle, Pierre-Étienne Morelle, Pratchaya Phinthong, Ian Wilson
Using rubber inner tubes which have been joined together, the artist has created a twelve-mile-long band. He rolled it up into a ball which grew exponentially as his strength waned.
The rubber ball has replaced the rock, our modern world stands in for ancient Greece, but Sisyphus continues to repeat his absurd, existential task.
Excerpt from the exhibition's catalogue "A Serpentine Gesture and Other Prophecies"
Text by Eléonore Jacquiau Chamska
- Numéro, issue March 2011, by Sean Rose (pdf in french)
- France 24, March 21, 2011, chronicle by Sean Rose
- l´Humanité, February 02, 2011, by Maurice Ulrich (pdf in french)
- France Culture, January 28, 2011, interview with Aude Lavigne
- L´Œil, issue February 2011, by Bénédicte Ramade (pdf in french)
- Mouvement, issue February 2011, by Pascaline Vallée (french)
- France Culture, broadcasting La Grande Table, February 11, 2011(french)
- Le Monde.fr Feb. 19-20 (pdf in french)
- Fluctuatnet, January 26, 2011, by Magali Lesauvage
(pdf in english)
(pdf in french)